Saturday, November 12, 2016

It's been 8 years and this is all I've got... I'm in need of a pretty big decompression from social media right now as I'm sure most of you are too. 
I am going to choose to take this whole thing and look at it as a challenge. A challenge to be better. To be kinder. More thoughtful. To not go immediately to anger. To show my daughters, my wife that I am good. To show my fellow citizens that while we may not always agree on everything, that we can, or I can at least, treat them with respect. To do more listening and less talking. To be present. As disappointing as last night's result was, we really do have an opportunity to make America great, again. A great place where no one lives in fear because of the color of their skin, or because of how they worship, or who they love, or because of their gender. It's going to be painful and likely quite ugly for some time, but I want to hold out hope. I need to. We have a duty to ourselves, our families, to each other, to be better. Humility feels like it is the worst thing to be feeling right now. It is making me feel empty and it stings all at once, but I need to learn from this. We all can learn from this. I really hope we do. 
Keep your chin up today. It gets better when we work together. Rosie said it best "We can do this!"
Love to you all and take care of yourselves and each other. Onward!

No comments: